A. BUILDING SUBCODE FEES:
1. Fees for new construction shall be based on the volume of the structure. The new construction fee shall be in the amount of $.036 per cubic foot of volume with a minimum of $1500.00
a. Use group U shall be a minimum fee of $100.00.
b.. Use groups U, S1, S2 for agricultural use as defined under N.J.A.C. 5:23-3.2 (d) shall be a minimum fee of $100.00 and $.035 per cubic feet of volume.
c. Use group S1 and S2 for commercial; and use group F1 and F2 shall be charged .026 per cubic foot of volume with a minimum fee of $250.00.
d. Residential roof R-3/R-5 flat fee of $70.00.
e. Residential siding R-3/R-5 flat fee of $70.00.
2. For renovations, alterations and repairs or minor work as defined $30.00 per $1,000.00 of estimated cost of the work, provided that the minimum fee shall be $70.00.
3. Additions for all use groups $.036 per cubic foot of building or structure volume for the added portion, provided that the minimum fee shall be $150.00.
4. For combinations of renovations and additions the sum of the fees computed separately as renovations and additions.
5. Swimming pools will be a flat fee of $100.00 for above ground and $200 for inground pools. (Plus Electric and Plumbing permit fees)
6. For residential elevators, dumb waiters or hoists in R-3, R-4 or R-5 uses group shall be $70.00
7. For structures of temporary uses $70.00 for a period up to ninety (90) days.
8. Asbestos abatement a flat fee of $70.00.
9. Lead Hazard a flat fee of $70.00.
10. Application for Variation $150.00.
11. Annual Construction Permits. The annual fee to be charged for an Annual Construction Permit shall be a Flat fee based upon the number of maintenance workers employed by a facility, and who are primarily engaged in work that is governed by a Subcode. Managers, engineers and clerical personnel shall not be considered maintenance workers for the purpose of establishing the Annual Construction Permit fee. Permits may be issued for building protection, electrical and plumbing sub-codes.
Prior to the issuance of an Annual Construction Permit, a training registration fee of $100.00 per Subcode shall be submitted by the applicant to the Department of Community Affairs, Construction Code Element, Training Section along with a copy of the Construction Permit (form F-170). Fees shall be made payable to “Treasurer, State of New Jersey”.
a. 1 to 25 maintenance workers-------------------------$425.00 per worker.
b. For each additional worker over 25------------------$165.00 per worker.
c. Training Registration-----------------------------------$100.00 per worker.
12. Demolition Permit fee.
a. The fee for a permit for demolition of a building or structure shall be $100.00 for structures of all use groups.
b. Demolition of all flammable or combustible storage tanks residential shall be $80.00.
c. Demolition of all flammable or combustible storage tanks commercial shall be $200.00.
13. The fee for a permit to construct a sign shall be $2.00 per square foot of the surface area of the sign, provided that the minimum fee shall be $70.00. In the case of double-faced signs, the area of the surface of only one side of the sign shall be used for purposes of the fee computation.
14. Certificate of Occupancy Fees
a. For a Certificate of Continual Occupancy $200.00(Upon request only). The fee for a letter requesting that No Certificate of Continual of Occupancy is required is $20.00.
b. For a Certificate of Occupancy granted pursuant to change of use $100.00
c. For a Certificate of Occupancy $100.00
d. For a Certificate of Occupancy for Asbestos Abatement the fee of $100.00
e. Temporary Certificate of Occupancy. There shall be no fee for the first issuance of a TCO provided that a certificate of occupancy fee was paid. Each renewal after the first issuance shall be a fee of $30.00
- PLUMBING SUBCODE FEES:
- The fee shall be in the amount of $30.00 per fixture, piece of equipment or appliance connected to the gas piping or oil piping system.
- The fee shall be $80.00 per special device for the following: grease traps, oil separators, refrigeration units, utility service connections, backflow preventors, steam boilers, hot water boilers, active solar systems, sewer pumps and interceptors and water treatment/uv systems. There shall be no inspection fee charged for gas service entrances.
3. The Plumbing Subcode fees shall be a minimum of $70.00
C. ELECTRICAL SUBCODE FEES
1. Electrical fixtures and devices:
a. First 25 fixtures is $70.00
b. Each additional fixtures and devices in increments of 25 will be $30.00)
2. Each motor or electrical device greater than one (1) HP and less than or equal to 10 HP and for transformers and generators greater than 1 KW and less than or equal to 10 KW fee is $30.00 each
3. Each motor or electrical device greater than 10 HP and less than or equal to 50HP for each service panel, service entrance or sub panel less than or equal to 200 amperes and for all transformers and generators greater than 101 KW and less than or equal to 45 KW and for each utility load management devices the fee is $70.00
4. Each motor or electrical device greater than 50 HP and less than or equal to 100 HP for each service panel, service entrance or sub panel greater than 200 amperes and less than or equal to 1,000 amperes and for each transformer or generator greater than 45 KW and less than or equal to 112.5 KW fee is $130.00 each.
5. Each motor or electrical device greater than 100 HP, for each service panel, service entrance or sub panel greater than 1,000 amperes and for each transformer or generator greater than 112.5 KW fee is $600.00
6. The fee for the annual electrical inspection of swimming pools spas or hot tubs shall be $70.00
7. Each pool bonding inspection shall be a flat fee of $70.00
8. MINIMUM fee shall be $70.00
D. FIRE SUBCODE FEES
1. ALARM/SUPERVISORY/SIGNALING (smoke, heat, pulls, water/flow)
1 - 6 $70.00
Each additional 5 $20.00
2. Fire Suppression System. For the installation of either a wet or dry suppression system.
a. 1- 20 sprinkler heads $ 80
b. 21- 100 sprinkler heads $140
c. 101- 200 sprinkler heads $260
d. 201- 400 sprinkler heads $640
e. 401- 1,000 sprinkler heads $950
f. 1,000 & over sprinkler heads $1,200
3. Stand Pipe $200.00
4. Pre-Engineered Systems
a. Wet Chemical $125.00
b. Dry Chemical $125.00
c. CO2 Suppression $125.00
d. Foam Suppression $125.00
e. Halon Suppression $125.00
5. Commercial Kitchen Hood Exhaust System $100.00
6. Smoke Control System $70.00
7. Gas & Oil Fired Appliance $80.00
8. Central air conditioning unit or ducts $70.00
9. Incinerators $500.00
10. Crematoriums $500.00
11. The fees for the issuance of a permit for a flammable or combustible storage tank installation shall be as follows:
a. 1 - 1,000 gallons--$80.00
b. 1,001 - 3,000 gallons--$200.00
c. 3,001 - 5,000 gallons--$300.00
d. 5,001 & over------------$400.00
12. The fee for each solid fuel-burning appliance such as a fireplace, wood stove or pellet stove shall be $80.00
13. Chimney Liner $80 per liner
14. Residential removal/abandonment of flammable/combustible storage tanks shall be $80 per tank
15. Commercial tank removal/abandonment under 2,001 gal shall be $200 per tank.
16. The fire sub-code fees minimum fee $70.00.
E: MECHANICAL INSPECTION FEES
One and two family dwellings only
1. Water heaters $30 each
2. Hot water/steam boilers $80 each
3. Hot air furnace $80 each
4. LPG tank installation $80 per tank
5. Residential oil tank install under 2,001 gal $80 per tank
6. Fuel oil piping or gas piping $30 each
7. LP/Gas fired fireplace or Gas log set $80 each
8. Chimney Liner $80 each
9. Central A/C or Mini split $70 each
10. Condensate pumps/lines $30 each
11. Backflow Preventors $80 each
Minimum fee for Mechanical is $70.
All change of contractors shall be $70 per subcode
F. Elevator Subcode Fees. To be reviewed and processed by DCA