The West Milford Department of Public Works (DPW) consists of four divisions:
1. Division of Public Property
2. Division of Streets and Roads
3. Division of Storm Sewers and Drains
4. Division of Recycling and Solid Waste
The Director of Public Works is the department head for the Department of Public Works.
1. The Division of Public Property
2. The Division of Streets and Roads maintains and repairs approximately 160 miles of Township streets and roads, including street sweeping, installation of street signs, pavement markings, road repairs, and roadside brush cutting for sight distance. The division also maintains the Township's fleet of vehicles. The Division of Snow Removal provides snow and ice control for Township roads. In addition, more than 40 miles of non-Township roads are plowed and sanded when conditions warrant.
3. The Division of Storm Sewers and Drains installs, maintains, and repairs storm drainage on Township roads, which includes the cleaning of clogged pipes and basins.
4. The Recycling and Solid Waste Division